For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Monday 14 June 2010

Day 3 - stokesby to S of Nort Walsham

TG 289 286 Alt 29 ft !

Another good days walking. Early on I saw a deer leap all the way accross a field of green corn about two feet high. It moved very fast alternaty popping up and disappearing. A fine sight which comes from being the first person on a footpath early in the morning.

Then it became very boaty following the river up to Potter Heigham. All familiar names from the Arthur Ransome books and I intend to read the Broads ones again; I guess a lot has changed since his day.

I arrived at this site which is shown on th OS map as a caravan and camping site. It turned out to be an exclusive caravan site for adults only. The reception guy was a real jobsworth and at first was not going to let me stay but he did in the end but charged me £15. He was eventually (after a dose of my expert diplomacy) quite helpful.

I should hit the coast tomorrow at Cromer I think, so it is a sad goodbye to the boaty Broads, but seeing something new every day is what this is all about.

Before I do leave The Broads here is a real cliche picture for everybody.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. It's becoming increasingly common for sites to have a caravan/motorhome only policy.Like you,I have a foot in both camps but I'm beginning to take the view that if a site won't accept my tent (though I rarely camp on a site it has to be said)then I won't take the motorcaravan there either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do prefer to camp on sites in urban areas. I had a bad experience on my LEJOG walk being attacked by hoodies throwing things at the tent in the middle of the night. It's adifferent matter in wild Scotland.

    ReplyDelete