For newcomers

At the bottom of each post there is the word "comments". If you click on it you will see comments made by followers, and if you follow the instructions you may also comment and I always welcome that. I have found many people overlook this part of the blog which is often more interesting than the original post!

My blog nick-name is SIR HUGH. I'm not from the aristocracy - my middle name is Hugh which relates to the list of 282 hills in Scotland compiled by Sir Hugh Munro in 1891. I climbed my last one (Sgurr Mor) on 28th June 2009

****************************

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Day 4 - south of North Walsham to Cromer

TG 204 424 alt 88ft

Another enjoyable day of countryside walking. I planned this route with no prior knowledge using public and other paths and tracks shown on the OS map. So far, apart from a short stretch of track that turned out to be private, the paths have been easily identifiable, well defined and dry underfoot.

I am becoming a student of items thrown onto road verges from cars. When you se a McDonalds carton you wonder how far away the nearest outlet must be and why it took them so long to discard the trash. Today I saw a goat's milk carton - I wouldn't have expected the kind of person who drinks that product to be the same as a litter lout. Lucizade bottles still proliferate.

There have ben a few gentle inclines today after the absolute flatness of Norfolk.

I was heading for two camp sites shown on the map just west of Cromer and as I chugged up the road, glory be, the first one turned out to be The Caravan Club site. I am member and the standard of their sites is superior to any other. They even have a restaurant and a swimming pool here


Many happy returns to Liz today.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Really great blog, your sharing photos are looks great. thank you for the nice sharing, Actually we want some tourist information about France cheap ferries, now we are looking for cheap ferry travel trip in France with my family members, can you let me know how to book our ferry travel tickets by on line,we don't have any idea Dover ferry services. can you guide me if you have any personal ferry experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley- sorry I have no experience of ferries, I fly to France.

    ReplyDelete